There’s nothing better than getting holiday cards in the mail – the handwritten addresses, real stamps (!), and the anticipation of opening them to be met with holidays greetings from friends and family near and far. It’s also a joy to see photos of the kids in our lives as they grow older each year (don’t get me wrong… Facebook is great, but nothing replaces holding a photo in your hand!)
When the holidays are over, it’s too tough to throw them out! That’s why years ago, I started a great tradition – the holiday card basket.
It’s so easy to do:
- Collect the year’s photo holiday cards
- Punch a hole in the top left corner of each one
- Keep them together with a metal key ring
- Add a decorative ribbon and a small card or tag to write the year on
- Place them in a holiday basket and put them out on display
- Add to the basket each year
- Store safely in a plastic container or box to keep them safe and from fading
This is one of the first things my family enjoys looking through each holiday season. Give it a try!
PS – watch how I put them together in this Organized in 60 Seconds clip!